• All items must be in good or excellent condition and free of damage.
• Items that need minor repair can be consigned. Upon acceptance, AH109 may make repairs, for a fee to the consignor, to increase the item’s value and improve its potential to sell at auction.
• All items must be odor free: no lingering smoke, mothball, or perfume smells (fees will becharged for deodorizing).
Auction House109 cannot accept:
• Items that require transfer of title where the consignor does not currently have title
• Non-operational motorized vehicles
• Metal desks
• Console televisions
• Paint & cleaning supplies
• Out-dated and non-operating computer hardware
• You receive the percentage specified in your contract of the final hammer price.
• Auction House109 charges a buyer’s premium which ranges between 9-18% of the hammer price. The consignor does not receive a percentage of the buyer’s premium.
- Once consigned, you will be required to pay a fee (per item) if you wish to pull items from auction.
• Items may be reclaimed if they do not sell at auction. Unclaimed items become the sole property of Auction House 109 ten (10) days after you are given notice that items have not sold. We reserve the right to sell, at deeply discounted prices, all unclaimed items. The proceeds from unclaimed items are retained 100% by Auction House 109.
• Auction House109 may donate unclaimed items to a charitable organization of our choice.
• A tax donation receipt will be provided to you for your items donated to charity (if you have directed Auction House 109 to donate them to charity).
• Consignments are generally accepted Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm (Thursday until 6pm) and Saturday 9am to 4pm Consignments are accepted at other times with a scheduled appointment.
• It is the Consignor’s responsibility to contact Auction House 109 with any changes in phone, email or mailing address.
• A check will be processed for all sales after the end of each auction in which you have items consigned for sale. A check is generally available for pick-up the Friday following the auction in which your items sold. Checks not picked up by the following Monday are mailed to consignors.
Auction House 109 will do everything possible to sell or protect the consignor’s merchandise. However, Auction House 109 is not responsible for loss or damage to merchandise caused due to fire, water, vandalism, theft, negligent handling by customers or other reasons.
We expect our consignors to help promote our store with positive word of mouth; we are selling your items and need your positive promotion to maximize your return!
AcceptableForms of Payment